Monday, December 29, 2014

[Review] Nature Republic Hair Color Cream Red Wine

Hi my pretties! Today I will be review Nature Republic's Hair Color Cream in the color Red Wine.
First of all, I have to mention that I bleached and dyed the ends of my hair previously. The color that you see in the picture below is when the hair dye has washed out. The brownish orange tips are due to bleaching, there wasn't any color left from my previous dye (which was supposed to be purple but turned into magenta pink).  
Before Hair Dye
In the Wine Red hair dye container, there were:
1 Color (#1)
1 Oxidant (#2)
1 Pair of Gloves
1 Apron 
1 Hair Treatment Cream

The recommended time for this product is 25 - 30 minutes. You have to mix the colorant and the oxidant in a one to one ratio. Personally, I would recommend using a chop stick or something to mix the color and oxidant together. After applying evenly in your hair, I recommend a hair tie and shower cap to keep the hair moist for the duration. After I washed my hair, I applied the hair treatment cream onto my hair and rinsed it off after a couple minutes.
After Hair Dye
The hair color looks very vibrant and pretty. I really liked the way this hair dye turned out. Like always, I dyed the tips of my hair, not everything. Also I left the hair dye in for about an hour because hair dye usually don't hold as well for my hair. I don't recommend doing this because this can prolong and increase the damage done to your hair.

Pros: beautiful color, came with hair treatment and an apron (which most American hair dye brands don't have)
Cons: smell is strong, can be messy
Rating 8/10

I would definitely recommend getting hair packs or hair treatment for the hair after dying it. It will help with the damages of the hair dye but not completely get rid of it. Also, the hair dye costs $7.90, which I believe is very reasonable for hair dye.

That's all for today, thanks for tuning in and see you soon!

- Jessica

6 comments:

  1. what bleaching cream did you use? in any chanve did you use nature republic bleaching creme too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I dyed my hair, I was not able to purchase the bleaching creme from Nature Republic. My hair was dyed previously using an American hair dye product. Regardless, I think the red really shows through. - Jessica

      Delete
  2. How long did it last ? I'm thinking about buying this, but I'm scared it's going to wash off quickly. I have a habit of washing my hair everyday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, the hair dye lasted quite some time. I dyed my hair but I cut it two months after I dyed the bottom portion of my hair red. I noticed that my hair was still pretty red from the cut portions on the ground. I would say it would last about 2 months or longer. I usually leave the hair dye longer in my hair because it doesn't hold color that well (because I also wash my hair everyday). I would say however long the hair dye lasts depends on your hair as well. But, if you're interested, definitely try it.

      Delete
  3. Did the die bleed onto your clothes or pillow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. First time to use this product. I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but do you apply the hair color with wet hair or while it's dry? TIA. Idk which will make the hair color stick to the hair more.

    ReplyDelete