Monday, August 25, 2014

[Review] The Face Shop Phytogenic Infinite EX Powder Foundation (Renewal)

So along with the concealer I also got the powder foundation for more coverage, makes my face matte, and the other typical reasons why you would get a powder(lol).
The description on the box says "A lightweight powder foundation smoothes skin texture and covers up flaws while maintaining a smooth touch and natural matte finish all day long. A long-lasting maximum coverage formula with natural mineral powder will not change color even through heat or humidity". 
It comes with a little sponge, honestly I never use them unless I really need to. I usually use a brush or one of those triangle sponges, depending on how light or how much coverage I want.
I feel like using the one it comes with can get a little unhygienic.
Without vs with the powder foundation on my hand.
Shade is NB25.
This is the finishing touch(With eyeliner and lip tint as well, ehe)-- This is with the phytogenic concealer as well but the coverage together does hide majority of my flaws, make my skin tone look more even.. :'( And it makes my skin look more brighter too.
Pros:
        - You can control the amount of coverage, for more natural look just use a brush and for more coverage just use a sponge
        - Mild coverage. (Doesn't cover my acne scars, have to go over with concealer)
        - It's a powder + foundation together! Very good for humid weather like Hawaii
Cons: 
        - Doesn't control oil so after awhile I do have to use a oil blotting sheet
        - Limited shades (only two in Hawaii)
Repurchase: 
         - Maybe. This is my first powder/foundation, I was really excited to try this out because Hawaii never has this and this is the first one I've seen, but I'd still like to try different ones, if not I'll stick to this one. 
Good luck and have fun lovelies!
- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment