Wednesday, August 20, 2014

[Review] SkinFood Royal Honey Hydro Cream

Recently, I went to California to visit some friends and discovered a Korean skincare store called SkinFood. I've heard a lot of raves about this skin care store but unfortunately, it is not available in Hawai'i. So I was super thrilled when I came across this store.

One of the items I picked out was the Royal Honey Hydro Cream. This cream was quite bulky and costs about $30 with tax but I was completely fine with it because I didn't bring any skin care products with me. Not bringing any skin care items with me was a really really bad idea. I didn't expect my skin to become so dry due to the weather difference in California. It was so bad that I actually started breaking out. This hydro cream is a lifesaver - or rather a skinsaver.



My first reaction to this face cream was how light it was. My personal preference is to keep things light with skin care. I don't really like to have thick creams unless the weather is super cold or my skin is super dry. I like the consistency of the cream. The light texture was probably due to the fact that it's a "hydro cream" rather than a thick cream. 
How it looks on the inside
The Royal Honey Hydro Cream smells really good. It has a sweet scent to it. There's a subtle hint of honey. Oh, I would also like to mention that I got sunburned in California. My skin became pink. I put some of this hydro cream on the day I got sunburned and it reduced the redness on my skin. I guess that just shows how hydrating and moisturizing this product is.


How the cream looks on the skin
For me, this is a great product when the weather becomes dry. I haven't actually used it as often when I came back to Hawai'i. The weather is so humid here that adding this onto my skin would make it feel sticky. When the temperature drops a couple degrees during the winter, I know I will definitely use it.

Pros: great smell, super hydrating, very light texture
Cons: too sticky for the humid weather


Thanks for tuning in and see you soon my pretties!
- Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Could I ask you for the ingredient list of this product if you have it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if they have changed the ingredients since I bought mines but the ingredients are: water, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, honey extract, glycerin, octyldodecyl myristate, glucose, hydroxyethyl urea, phytosteryl/behenyl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, royal jelly extract, bis-peg-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, dimethiconol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, beta-glucan, hydrolyzed viola tricolor extract, triethanolamine, yeast extract, carbomer, disodium edta, natto gum, tocopheryl acetate, ammomium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp opolymer, alcohol, denat, caprylic/caprictriglyceride, sodium hyaluronate, hydrogenated lecithin, creatine, glycerophosphocholine, mannitol, sucrose laurate, ceramide 3, lysolecithin, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, fd&c yellow #5, fd&c yellow #6

      Delete