Wednesday, January 14, 2015

[Review] Tony Moly Gold Black Sugar Mask

Oh my gods! I am totally in love with Tony Moly's Gold Black Sugar Mask. For someone who has dry skin over winter, this is one of the absolute best things you can use. 
"Provide enough nutrition and moisture"
Honestly, I am head over heels over how amazing this sugar mask feels on my face. Since Hawaii is usually warm or quite warm, any drop in the temperature would make me shiver. Especially in winter, my skin can act up. I occasionally have dry and flaky skin but with the Tony Moly's sugar mask, most of my problems are gone. 
Honestly, I do not find this product any different from a sugar scrub. For the most part, I just treated this product as a sugar scrub. Right before my shower, I would smear the sugar mask on my face and massage my skin. After that I would leave the scrub on my skin for a couple minutes. Although the instructors are all in Korean, I did a little bit of research. The recommended time for leaving this mask on is 5-10 minutes. Apparently the sugar mask contains black sugar, honey extracts, and gold (which I cannot tell by looking at it). 
This sugar mask feels tingly on my skin (kind of a slight warm sensation). After I wash it off, my skin feels super soft and moisturized - which might I add, I am super thrilled about. Overall, I feel that this product exfoliates the skin very gently and does not damage my skin. Alongside that, it makes my skin softer and smoother - improving the health of my skin. I feel like this product does what it advertises and I will definitely be going back to Tony Moly for more.  

Pros: exfoliates lightly, moisturizes and nourishes the skin
Cons: can get messy
Rating: 9.5/10

Occasionally, the Tony Moly branch in Hawaii has sales on their products. I purchased this when it was on a 20% sale. The original price is about $9. This is by far my favorite Tony Moly product of all time.
Thanks for tuning in my pretties and see you soon!
- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment