Monday, January 5, 2015

[Review] Nature Republic Provence 3 Magic Step Eyes #4 Plum Burgundy

Hi my pretties! Today I am going to review one of my favorite eye shadow palettes from Nature Republic. 
Outside
The eye shadow palette I'm going to review is from the Provence 3 Magic Step Eyes line. Ashley reviewed a different palette, #7 Spring Step - which is a girlier palette in comparison to this Plum Burgundy color. I am a big fan of dark colors especially the purples and plums so this palette is my absolute favorite. 
Three Different Colors (also Includes a Mirror not shown in the picture)
This palette has a more mature color and it contains my favorite colors. As you can tell from the way the palette looks, the most used color was the lightest one. But with these three colors, you can create a lot of different looks. I forgot the price of these eye shadows since I had them for a while but it was priced around $12 - $16 in Hawaii. The eye shadows are a set and are sold that way. You can't change any of the colors inside the palette.
the three different colors
Lightest Color: very light pink/shimmery white; color does not stay on eyelid very long; some times the shimmers fall onto my cheeks; overall a very pretty color
Middle Color: very deep pink color; a little too pink for my taste
Darkest Color: very deep purple pink color; nice contrast to the light pink

I love using the lightest and darkest color of this palette. The only thing about the lightest color is the tendency for some of the sparkles to falls off. I have a hard time trying to keep the skin clear of the eye shadow "residue" or the shimmers that fall off. Alongside that, the middle color (pink) is hard for me to use. The middle color is very strong - a bit too much for my tastes.
Here are some ways I use the palette:  
Look 1: With the Darkest and Lightest Colors
Inner Corner of Eyelid: Lightest Color
Middle to Edge of Eyelid & Lower Lash line: Darkest Color
Look 2: With all Three Colors
Inner Corner of Eyelid: Lightest Color
Middle of Eyelid: Middle Color
Outer End of Eyelid: Darkest Color
Pros: nice pigmentation; beautiful colors; multiple ways to use; great for Autumn 
Cons: some of the sparkles from the eye shadow falls onto the cheeks; the middle color is harder to use (for me)
Rating: 8.5/10
That's it for today. see you soon my pretties!
- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment